Girls' night tonight! I'm so excited. So I made Pumpkin Spice cupcakes.
Here's the recipe:
* 1 package (18 oz.) spice or carrot cake mix
* 1 cup Pure Pumpkin
* 3 large eggs
* 1/3 cup water
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 2 packages (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
* 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
* 5 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract* 4 cups powdered sugar
Mix together all the ingredients for the cake. Mix it until combined first, and then beat it for 2 minutes.
Pumpkin Pie Spice is pretty impossible to find on the shelves right now, so instead I used this substitute:
1/2 ts. cinnamon
1/4 ts. ginger
1/8 ts. nutmeg
1/8 ts. cloves
So today, tragedy struck.
My good ol' Kitchenaid sputtered and died.
He lived a long life and made many, many batches of buttercream.
So for now, I am building up my arm muscles! Especially beating the cream cheese frosting. Oofta!
While the cupcakes cool, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. You will LOVE this frosting!!
I have a tummy ache from "sampling" it "just to make sure it tastes right".
Totally worth it.
Ready for girls' night!
Have a great Halloween everyone!