Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bound for Haiti

 

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Haiti! As a journalist, I'm joining a medical team heading to a field hospital in Port-Au-Prince for 10 days. If you want to follow us, I'll be keeping a blog at www.trinitytohaiti.blogspot.com 


 

You know what happens when I'm excited/nervous... I bake. So I made LOTS of cookies this week. Took some to class with me, froze some dough for the roommates, baked some up for snacking...

Also made a couple batches of Masaman Curry--best comfort food ever! Yes the can in the photo says 'yellow sour curry paste' but it should say 'masaman curry paste.' Surprise surprise, I used up all my masaman curry paste and forgot to take pictures! I'll have to run to Chong's when I get back from Haiti. If you want to try it out, find these two cans. Then follow the directions on the curry paste.
Note: I replace half the coconut milk with regular milk to make it thinner and a little less fattening :) Next time I make it I'll take pictures step-by-step and post them.

 

One of my highlights of the week is 'Family Dinner' on Tuesdays with my roommates. Here Roomie K is making some wonderful spaghetti for us! Such a good time to eat and talk together about our weeks.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I'll be  back on March 8, but until then, visit the Haiti blog. www.trinitytohaiti.blogspot.com 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment