Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beginning A Dream

I've always been what you might call a 'stress baker.' Thus, finals week meant loaves of bread and batches of cookies flying out of my oven! Whenever my college roommate came home and saw me up to my elbows in flour kneading dough, a platter of cookies on the counter, and more in the oven, her response was always, "Uh oh!"

But my passion for baking goes way back. By the time I was three, Marmie had her little blonde girl by her side watching and "helping." In junior high I spent Sunday afternoons baking treats for my football-crazed family. By high school, I was baking for a local coffeeshop. Now, I'm setting up shop at home and starting my own business!


I'm working on perfecting my own danish recipe. It has a flaky crust, and a sweet, creamy, almond filling and is topped with powdered sugar icing and toasted almonds. I've also made some with raspberry and peach fillings. Also very tasty!



But right now my passion is cake! These cakes are all made with fondant. I make my own almond cake, buttercream icing, and marshmallow fondant.




Topsy Turvy

Marbled White Rose

Vine

Harry Potter Sorting Hat

Cake Truffles
Cupcakes
Stay tuned for future baking discoveries!

-Kirstin Leigh

2 comments:

  1. Yum, Kirstin Leigh! Not only was it good to look at, it was DELICIOUS!!! Took one over to my neighbors - and they know Carol. (Pakala's are my neighbors.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin wish we lived closer for samples=) Absolutely Fabulous looking desserts and pastry! So between wooden spoon and spatula, its a spatuala for me.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete