Thursday, August 13, 2009

Peppermint Patty Pals

I had the yummiest breakfast to start off the day! Krusteaz' Blueberry mix is the best ever! And I made them in heart-shapes because, let's face it, no matter how old you are, pancakes taste better in shapes.


















Then I got to work making Peppermint Patty cupcakes. Yum!














You're supposed to put the peppermint buttercream frosting on top, but I wanted to decorate them, so I piped the frosting into the cupcakes...



















...and dipped them in chocolate ganache! Ghirardelli makes the best chocolate ever and this was the most beautiful chocolate ganache I ever made!


















I decorated them Africa-themed for my brother (B1) and his wife (Mal), who get back from a 6-week mission trip to Africa. So proud of you two!












I finally got to use my cute little animals! Yay!




















Lately I've been playing 'Mama Mia' in the background as I bake. Such a wonderful musical! One song is stuck in my head, and I love the lyrics:

I have a dream,
a song to sing
To help me cope
with anything

If you see the wonder
of a fairy tale
you can take the future
even if you fail.

I have a dream.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, I wish we lived next door. YUM! So fun to see your business grow and grow, K!

    ReplyDelete