Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's Official!

Yesterday we swung by the courthouse and I got a business license! 'As You Wish' is now official. I never thought I would ever call myself a businesswoman... but here goes!












So, as this is my first day as an official businesswoman, I thought I'd give you a taste of what my mornings are like. First things first, the elixir of life. Coffee. I usually visit this pot once or twice... or three times... But you gotta admit, the world is just so much brighter on caffeine.



















Then I went to work on two batches of cupcakes: double chocolate chip and spiced carrot cake. (Note: melted, unsweetened cocoa is NOT as tasty as it looks! Don't ask me how I know.)


























Then I tried to decide what my favorite kitchen utensil was, and it was a toss-up between....







The classic wooden spoon...




















...and the ever-so-handy rubber spatula. Which do you think? Leave a comment at the bottom and let me know! :)


















Meanwhile, Marmie (who is nearly as crazy as I am) is having a blast with her new vaccuum cleaner and pretending it's a machine gun!






















The double chocolate chip cupcakes came out of the oven, and I dipped them in the white chocolate ganache... what a mess! But what is "messy" but a synonym for "fun"?














And after a little touch-up, they even looked kind of pretty!




















Dad and brother2 agreed to be my taste-testers... and it was all I could do to keep them from eating them all!



















And the Spiced Carrot Cake cupcakes didn't turn out to shabby either! Till next time!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kirstin, I am so happy for you and your new business. I admire you for having the courage to follow your dreams, and I wish you the best. I have followed your mom's blog for awhile now, and have met her at the last 2 Loopy Spring Flings. She is a wonderful person, and I have enjoyed the time I've spent with her. If you're ever able to ship some of your goodies to Louisiana, please let me know. I would love to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Marmie is playing her vacuum cleaner like a guitar! Where do we get to taste these lovely delicacies? I live 100 miles from you and get to the CF area once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to hear about your new business--it sounds like so much fun! I am very impressed with what you have created so far.

    In answer to the pressing best-utensil question: It's hard to beat the familiar sturdiness of a good wooden spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girly, you are such a sweet inspiration and I can't wait to see where God takes this dream you've jumped into...and know I'm partnering with you in prayer!!! your creations look so stinkin tasty!!! (I had some of your danish when I visited Britt and about died ;) ) you go girl and let me know if you're ever in ic! I'll make a trip to see you :) huge hugs lady!!!!

    ps...I like the flexy-ness of the spatula. and the word spatula. :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a bigger fan of the spatula myself... Congrats on your business license! That is so exciting and everything looks wonderful, and if it looks that good I can only imagine how good it tastes. Oh and if you ever make it to the dream of an English cafe overseas I definitely want to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I can keep reading your blog... It makes me too hungry haha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristin...congratulations on starting your own business. I wish you the best of luck. Your stuff looks amazing! This is Shannon from Reata'z Deli+Market. Evidently you dropped off a business card yesterday, and I would love to chat with you. We specialize in homemade goodness and if you don't currently have a store front, we might be interested in coming up with a win-win situation. Give me a call if you are interested in chatting further...319-269-7137. Until then...best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your mom's blog and I think you are going to do great. I think I like the spatula the most but my absolute favorite "kitchen" gadget is my KitchenAid Mixer.

    ReplyDelete